Imagine a time when you’re fit and free of the strains and stresses of working life. Retirement is the moment to seize the day. It’s when you should be enjoying all the activities you’ve had to put on the back-burner for most of your working life.
It’s always worth taking stock of your long-term financial goals at regular intervals during your career. If you do, you’ll be able to stay on course and soon let the good times roll. Read on for some helpful recommendations to keep your finances on track.
Helpful Tips for Your Retirement Strategy
Making a financial plan is the first must-do. Decide how much you will need to live on each year of your retirement. Work out how you can achieve that and stick to the roadmap. Here are some further considerations to think through:
- Consider the “save hard, invest wisely” philosophy
- Pay off your home loan as quickly as you can so that you are mortgage-free
- Boost your super by making a plan to regularly add in lump-sum payments
- Increase your income through more overtime or a side-hustle
- Limit high-living costs such as eating out, brand new cars and luxury travel
- Build an investment portfolio as early as possible with a good mix of opportunities
- Incorporate a budget for longer-term healthcare
- Keep yourself fit and healthy!
There’s a common misconception that investments are only for the wealthy, although they do carry a level of risk. Seek advice and find out what you’re going to be comfortable with. Putting a little aside each month could make all the difference to your future standard of living.
Let Us Help You Achieve Your Retirement Goals
If you’re looking for a long and secure retirement, take a moment to talk to the Treeview team. We’ve helped lots of our current residents achieve their retirement goals. That’s been by recommending professional services and holding retirement seminars.
We’ve got a wealth of knowledge to share with you so get in touch with us now and let us help you take control of your retirement!